Caylan practices in the Jackson, Mississippi office of Hagwood and Tipton. Born in Jackson, Caylan received her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Mississippi College in political science before receiving her law degree, magna cum laude, from Mississippi College School of Law. While in law school, she earned numerous advocacy and academic awards, including the American Jurisprudence Award in Trial Advocacy, and was a key member of the American Bar Association’s 2016 National Arbitration Competition Team before ultimately being inducted into the National Order of Barristers.
Caylan is licensed to practice before all state and federal courts in Mississippi, as well as the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to joining Hagwood and Tipton, Caylan clerked at a general insurance defense firm before practicing in a firm dedicated to domestic relations litigation. Caylan’s practice focuses on litigation, primarily in general insurance defense.
Caylan is a member of the American Bar Association, Mississippi Bar Association and the Jackson Young Lawyers Association. Caylan is also a coach for the Mississippi College School of Law’s ABA arbitration team. She lives in Jackson with her husband, Chris, and her son, Jordan.
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Mississippi College School of Law
- B.S., Political Science, Mississippi College
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Mississippi Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Women Lawyers Association