Cannabis Law: Overview of relevant laws in Louisiana and Mississippi
On July 29, 2021, HAT LAW partner Julie Mitchell spoke at the Louisiana-Mississippi Hospice and Palliative Care Organization 2021 Annual Conference to give an overview of medical marijuana laws in Louisiana and Mississippi.
Mitchell has been instrumental in helping post-acute care providers navigate the medical marijuana laws and hurdles they encounter regarding its use in nursing homes, hospices, and other care settings. She also presented information on relevant case law and risk assessments, along with advising administrators on how to determine the level of risk in allowing medical marijuana in facilities. Currently, medical marijuana is legal in Louisiana as well as 36 other states. Mississippi is slated to take up the issue of medical marijuana in either a special session later this year or during the 2022 legislative session.
Click here to access the slideshow, which covers topics like:
- What’s the difference between marijuana, hemp and CBD?
- How do I properly dispose of medical marijuana?
- Who can recommend medical marijuana in Mississippi? Who can recommend medical marijuana in Louisiana?
- What conditions may qualify for medical marijuana in Mississippi? What conditions qualify for medical marijuana in Louisiana?
- What regulations are being proposed for medical marijuana in Mississippi?
- What are Louisiana’s medical marijuana laws?
- What pharmacies in Louisiana can dispense medical marijuana?
- How does participating in a medical marijuana program affect a facility’s enrollment in Medicare and Medicaid?
- How do other states approach medical marijuana for hospice, home health or long-term care facilities?
For more information on medical marijuana in Mississippi or how it may impact your health care organization, contact the HAT LAW health care attorneys.