Cannabis Law: Advertising and Marketing in Mississippi
On April 16, 2021, the Mississippi Department of Health filed the proposed regulations for advertising and marketing for the Mississippi Medical Marijuana Program.
The advisory committee has many objectives while implementing these regulations. They include:
- To prevent promotion of recreational marijuana use
- To protect minors and the medically vulnerable
- To prevent poisonous ingestion by children
- To limit advertising to the general public
- To limit advertising to anyone under 21
- To restrict anything that could appeal to children
There are several key takeaways from these regulations. First, entities are prohibited from advertising/marketing in any media. However, marijuana businesses will be able to participate in branding. Entities are also prohibited from using any inducements, including coupons, giveaways, or discount cards.
For more information, please click here to access an informational slideshow.